Re: OSF: glib configure skript makes trouble

Ralf,

>> Now, the machine is a OSF1 V5.1 732 alpha and I am trying to setup glib and
>> gtk, most recent version (2.0.4 glib and 2.0.5 gtk).
>>
>> I was saying ./configure in the right place and got errors about not-found
>> packages; I installed them: pkgconfig and gettext.
>>
>> Thereafter the message I get from configure is:
>> [...cut out....]
>> checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
>> checking libintl.h usability... no
>> checking libintl.h presence... no
>> checking for libintl.h... no
>> configure: error:
>> *** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use the
>> *** GNU gettext library. (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html
>Check the libintl.h related messages inside of the config.log which have
>been produced during configuration.

this is what I find inside config.log:

#include <libintl.h>
configure:6211: result: no
configure:6215: checking libintl.h presence
configure:6222: cc -E  conftest.c
cc: Error: configure, line 6218: Cannot find file <libintl.h> specified in
#include directive. (noinclfile)
#include <libintl.h>
-^

it does not seem to find
/usr/local/include/libintl.h
but it is there, I know it;
I tried the following:
I said:

./configure --oldincludedir=/usr/local/include --includedir=/usr/local/include

just to get the same result.....

How else would I tell ./configure about include directories?

  Bye,

        Martin