Tree/ListStore implementation

Hi

I have a suggestion, select which one you like more:
1. Use double-linked list in GtkTree/ListStore implementation to keep
data
2. Implement O(1) tail lookups in GSList.

I think the second option make much more sense. It won't blow GSList's
memory ussage, and it will dramatically increase adding items to a long
list.

I have a TreeView that shows ~20K items and creating a model takes ~2
minutes on my Duron 800MHz when using gtk_tree_model_append() and about
10 seconds when applying items in reverse order and using
gtk_tree_model_prepend(). Unfortunatelly adding in reverse order is not
always possible. Don't you think that optimizig Tree/ListStore is worth
using slightly more memory? If you don't want to implement O(1) tail
lookup into GSList then please use double linked list in model
implementation.

Should I open a bugzilla feature request with this topic?

--
struct Sig {
  string name("     J a r e k   D u k a t     ");

Chcesz dostac papryczke? Red Hot Chili Peppers: "By The Way"
>>> http://link.interia.pl/f160b