Re: writing to GUI from 2+ threads

>There was a post (back in June 2001) concerning gtk in win32
>and calling gtk functions from two threads. I'm running into
>the same problem where it freezes the display, and does not
>update.
>
>http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2001-June/msg00384.html
>
>Does anyone know any solutions for this? Has it gone anywhere?

i personally suspect that the person who wrote that message is *not*
always using gdk_threads_enter() and gdk_threads_leave() around
any use of gtk/gdk functions.

the scheduling of threads in any microsoft OS is totally different
than it would be under linux, and any race conditions or deadlocks
that might exist could easily show up only under one of the operating
systems.

--p