Re: How can I run a GtkFB's program?

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, [iso-2022-jp] 広谷 豊史 wrote:

> I am a biginner of GTK, GtkFB.
>
> I hava installed GtkFb on Linux 7.2 (I have installed the FrameBuffer).
> Then I compiled and ran an program, "helloworld",  which is in the
> "examples" directory,
>  from console without X.
> But an error message, "cannot open display", is returned.
> I tried "./helloworld --display=/dev/fb0".
> Of course, I can find /dev/fb0.
> But, the result is the same.

You need write access to /dev/fb0, and to /dev/console. You also need read
access to your mouse (/dev/psaux by default).

> Generally, when I run a GtkFb program, what should I do?
> Or, if there are any information about running GtkFB programs,
> let me know where.

Some docs are availible at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-framebuffer.html

Ignore the parts about Fonts, as that has changed. It now uses the
XftConfig file, so if you have a recent XFree86 installed fonts should
just work.

/ Alex