Re: How can I run a GtkFB's program?

Am 29 Jan 2002 17:00:12 +0900 schrieb 広谷 豊史:
> I am a biginner of GTK, GtkFB.
>
> I hava installed GtkFb on Linux 7.2 (I have installed the FrameBuffer).
> Then I compiled and ran an program, "helloworld",  which is in the
> "examples" directory,
>  from console without X.
> But an error message, "cannot open display", is returned.
> I tried "./helloworld --display=/dev/fb0".
> Of course, I can find /dev/fb0.
> But, the result is the same.
>
> Generally, when I run a GtkFb program, what should I do?
> Or, if there are any information about running GtkFB programs,
> let me know where.
>
> Toyotoshi Hirotani.

Hello!

Well, I edited my lilo.conf like this

boot	= /dev/hda
vga	= 788
read-only
menu-scheme = Wg:kw:Wg:Wg
lba32
prompt
timeout	= 80
message	= /boot/message

  image  = /boot/vmlinuz
  label  = linux
  root   = /dev/hdc5
  initrd = /boot/initrd
  append = "video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr"

The two lines with vga and append are important.

Furthermore you need to run the app as root (well, so do I).

Go to the gtk homepage and follow the link to DirectFB. There are some
hints how to run a directfb-app. This should also work with plain
fb-apps.

Ciao,

Olaf