Re: Gettext & Gtk1.3.12

Am Don, 2002-01-24 um 03.45 schrieb Havoc Pennington:
> Andreas Scherf <scherfa web de> writes:
> > Hello, i am porting my little app to Gtk2
> > and i have the problem the the gettext Strings such as (_("xyz")
> > On some String it shows me:
> > Gtk-WARNING **: Invalid input string
> > and some are just empty.
> > On normal String i got the message :
> >  Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
> > What am i doing wrong here ?
> GTK 2 only understands UTF-8. You can't give it Latin-1 for example.
> > Do i have to tell Pango which Sort of language im talking about and hoe
> > do i do that ?
> You may want to tell gettext to convert to UTF-8:
>  bind_textdomain_codeset (GETTEXT_PACKAGE, "UTF-8");
I added this line .
> Alternatively, change your po files to contain UTF-8.
> Havoc
And i changed the po files with KBabel (sorry for that)
but nothing happened (some lines are invisible) im unsing the german
charakters , in those lines and the aren`t shown up in the running
program what could i do here ? How does a UTF8 charcter looks like /344
or some strange Typos ??

ICQ: 52910964
scherfa fh-trier de
scherfa web de