Basic window stuff in a C++ class: What are gotchas of this? SOS with 1 bug please...

I thought I was being smart by putting basic window
making stuff in a class.  It works often but problems
with gtk_input_add....

Here is my home grown "Window" class... (w/o comments)

//---------------------------------------------------------
#include "Window.h"
GtkWidget* Window::createWindow(gchar* title, GtkWindowPosition position,
   gint width, gint height) {

   GtkWidget* window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
   gtk_window_set_title(GTK_WINDOW(window), title);
   gtk_window_set_position(GTK_WINDOW(window), position);
   gtk_window_set_default_size(GTK_WINDOW(window), width, height);
   gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(window), "destroy",
      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(Window::endProgram), NULL);
   gtk_widget_show(window);

   return window;
};
void Window::endProgram(GtkWidget* window, gpointer eventString) {
   gtk_main_quit();
};

--

WITH this C++ class, window
stuff like buttons and scrollbars would NOT show up

WITHOUT this C++ class, buttons and scrollbars WOULD appear
if I used gtk_input_add!?!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chris