Re: What is purpose of gtk_widget_set_events? (like in scribble.c in GTK+ tutorial?)

Chris Seberino <seberino spawar navy mil> writes:

> What is the purpose of gtk_widget_set_events????
>
> I see it in scribble.c in GTK+ tutorial sample code
> and I am not sure if I need it in my code.
> It is NOT metioned in any GTK+ book I could find!!?!?! :(

Well, it is described in the tutorial:

 As for other signals, to determine what happens when an event occurs
 we call gtk_signal_connect(). But we also need let GTK know which
 events we want to be notified about. To do this, we call the function:

   void gtk_widget_set_events (GtkWidget *widget,
                               gint      events);

 The second field specifies the events we are interested in. It is the
 bitwise OR of constants that specify different types of events. For
 future reference the event types are:

  [... description continues ... ]

Regards,
                                        Owen