Re: Bug fix: gtk programs didn't work in zh_TW.Big5 locale

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
(B
(B> Mike Fabian <mfabian suse de> writes:
(B>
(B>> with recent CVS versions of gtk-1.2.10, programs linked against
(B>> gtk didn't work in zh_TW.Big5 locale anymore.
(B>
(B> There are no CVS versions of GTK+-1.2.10 :-). There is a CVS branch
(B> that we'll use when we do 1.2.11, but there are no guarantees
(B> about the intermediate condition.
(B
(BThank you very much for explaining, I didn't know that.  I just tried
(Bto fix the SuSE package because I noticed that it didn't work with
(Bzh_TW.Big5 and that the problem was introduced by a patch called
(Bgtk-cvs.dif.
(B
(B> The RC changes in CVS were accidentally committed; we didn't revert
(B> them because they were going in the right direction, and I thought I'd
(B> have a chance to fix them up quickly, but, yes, there are a fair
(B> number of problems that I noticed when I reviewed the commit,
(B> including this one.
(B>
(B> If you want a version of the gtkrc changes in CVS that actually works
(B> (at least on Linux), please grab the Red Hat SRPM and use the patches
(B> from there with 1.2.10.
(B
(BI added Holger Hetterich to the CC. Holger, where did you get the
(Bgtk-cvs.dif file from?
(B
(B> Merging that patch and making it work beyond Linux is one of the
(B> larger work items whenever I get around to 1.2.11. (Wanted to do it
(B> months ago, sigh.)
(B>
(B> Thanks for reporting the problem,
(B>                                         Owen
(B
(B--
(BMike Fabian   <mfabian suse de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
$B?gL2ITB-$O$$$$;E;v$NE($ !#(B