Re: How to set the combo box item

    Andy> I'm using a combo box in one of my applications. I can set it up
    Andy> fine, and it works ok. I am just wondering if there is a way to
    Andy> set what item is selected? For example, I might want the combo box
    Andy> to automatically select a certain item based input from other
    Andy> widgets. I looked through the docs and header files and I didn't
    Andy> see anything like this.

The Combo widget has entry and list attributes you use for direct
manipulation.

    Andy> Additionally, I'm a bit confused about what widgets I can directly
    Andy> access in the combo struct.

There is no Combo-level API for some of the things you need to do.  You
currently have to access the entry and list widget's directly.  The 2.0 API
is frozen, so it will probably be 2.2 before you might see any enhancement
to the Combo widget's API.

    Andy> Maybe I'm being too picky? Just a bit confused on what things I
    Andy> should and shouldn't be doing to the widgets :)

In my rather minimal Gtk experience, the Combo widget is the worst offender
in this regard.  I have occasionally stumbled upon this with other widgets
though.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com - http://www.mojam.com/)