Re: creating a pixmap from grey values

Randy Rueckner wrote:

> i have an array with 256x256 8-bit grey values and want to put this image
> in a gtk drawable. there is  no problem with gdk_draw_grey_image(), but
the
> x-server and my program runs on two different computers.
> if i move the output-window on the screen, i must redraw it ( "resend" the
> image from my program to the x-server)) - which takes too much time,
> because the link between these 2 machines is really slow.
> so i want to create a pixmap from my buffer, but i'd no success on that.

Hi Randy, the scribble example makes an off-screen pixmap on the X server:

http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-thedrawingareawidget.html

You can use gdk_draw_gray_image() to fill this with pixels, then
gdk_draw_pixmap() to paint to the screen.

> my program should run on a sparc with sunos 4.1.4
> i have build gcc 2.95.3 to compile gtk, because the native compiler sucks.
> there are no problems with compiling glib-1.2.10, but the testglib only
> dumps core. i tried linking it using the native (sunos) linker and also
> with gnu-ld, but with no success. disabling thread support didn't helped
> either.

:-( can't help, sorry. What does gdb say for the stack track on segv?

John

Coming soon:
Aelbert Cuyp 13 February - 12 May 2002

For information and tickets: