Re: How X application distinguish input devices?

Hi,

    I posted this question and I found an answer with
a guy who replied my email. There is an EXCELLENT
example called xinput that complete solved my problem.

The xinput description can be found at

    http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/ (Owen Taylor).

    My heartiest thank to that guy who replied my email.

Yick
Hong Kong, China.

superylam netscape net wrote:

Dear Sir,

        I have just devleoped a X input driver for my small graphic tablet.
It is a small tablet that is very popular in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China
for Chinese handwriting recoginition.  It is working now. I have cursor
that will move according to mouse OR graphic tablet.

        Now I want to devlope a GTK application (honestly I posted this
question
in GTK mailing list) or X application that will ONLY respond the event from
my graphic tablet. I have a callback function in my X application,
motion_notify_event and I have compared the event content
of my mouse and my graphic tablet and they look the same (the deviceid
content etc). and I have no way to distuguish whether the event is from the
mouse or from the graphic tablet.

        What did I do wrong in my driver? can please have a look at
http://input.foruto.com/IME/BINARIES/gogopen.tar.gz and tell me whether
I did wrong in the device driver? (BTW I would like if someone can
distribute
this driver). How can I pass special information from the driver to my X
applicaton?

Yick Lam
Hong Kong, China

Yick