Re: Scrollbar flickers when clock run

Hi,

Flávio Alberto Lopes Soares <flavio maqplas com br> writes:

>  Hello all, I'm using GTK 1.2 and my application has a clock that run
> always when I start the program, I make this clock using gtk_timeout_add
> with 1 second of interval and each 1 second it changes a gtk_label to
> show the elapsed time, and the program has too a CList with vertical
> scrollbar, but this scrollbar is making randon flickering when the
> numbers (gtk_label) of clock are swapped, why this occurs ? How to fix
> this ?

the GtkLabel you use for the clock has to recalculate its size when you
change the text every second. Most probably this size change propagates
to the GtkClist which has to adapt to the new size and thus redraws
itself. Try to change your box layout so the label size doesn't affect
the size of any other containers, especially not one that holds larger
widgets like your GtkCList.

Salut, Sven