Re: Scrolled window unable to handle huge list ( > 1700 entries) in it

ehml wrote:
> I notice that when I have more than 1700 (exact number is around 167+)
> entries in a list (or tree), and the list is in a scrolled window, it will
> not be displayed correctly. Anyone know limitation on the number of entry
> (or height) a scrolled window can support, and is there a known way to
> workaround this?

Hi, GtkList and GtkTree use an X window to scroll. X windows have 16-bit
coordinates, so you're probably running into a 32767 pixel limit.

I think GtkCList does not have this problem.

John

Aelbert Cuyp 13 February - 12 May 2002

For information and tickets:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk