RE: ?? warning: ANSI C++ forbids implicit conversion from `void * ' in initialization ???

It is not true that NULL cannot be used in C++. I don't have to google
anything to understand basic things about stricter type casting. I have tons
of C++ lines of code running perfectly on Windows and Linux without any
trouble. NULL is just a macro you can define as you want in your project:

/* Define NULL pointer value */

#ifndef NULL
#ifdef  __cplusplus
#define NULL    0