Re: Memory problems while using a clist
- From: "Eric M. Monsler" <emonsler beamreachnetworks com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: "Kerber, Ulrich" <Ulrich Kerber faidor de>, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Memory problems while using a clist
- Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:48:26 -0800
Havoc Pennington wrote:
> "Kerber, Ulrich" <Ulrich Kerber faidor de> writes:
> > I wrote an app with a clist showing the contents of a log file; the
> > clist is updated every 60 seconds. Although i do a gtk_clist_clear,
> > the memory used is increasing with every run, even if no element is
> > added. After a day of work the amount reaches up to 40 MB!
> > Does anybody know a solution to this problem?
> You just need to debug it. Use a tool such as "memprof" to see where
> the memory is leaked.
A tool I found very useful was GSK, (GNU Server Kit), which can replace
the g_malloc type GLib calls with debug versions, and keeps a record of
all outstanding allocations.
I used essentially just the gskdebug facility, and it worked great.
] [Thread Prev