Re: drawing a line

Hi,
   I do understand the advantage of "expose" but I
wanted to understand the fundamentals first.
Therefore, i wanted to draw the drawline like this.
Thanks for all the help.

BTW, I have now drawn the line with "expose" event.
But I am slightly confused, becuase it calls the
expose function three times. This is how I tested it.
I just put a statement in the "expose" function call
as;
  int static turn=0
  g_print turn++;

And I found that when I first draw the line this
command prints 0,1 and 2. That means that it has been
exposed three times. I thought that it is only being
exposed when it is created. Any comments on that?

I am now grappling with drawing the line in color. And
the tutorial does not talk about color. The "ref" does
talk about it but no example is available. I did find
some examples from other sources, but they are too
complicated. I would first like to understand the
basics and then go on to complexities.
So, if there is a simple 10 line program to draw a
line in color I shall welcome it.
Thanks and bye
Shiraz