Re: flood fill

You can fetch the bitmap from the server with gdk_image_get(), or fetch a
particular pixel with gdk_image_get_pixel().

This is probably not a good solution though :-( it will be slow, it will not
work with half-obscured windows (you'd need to draw to an off-screen window
to avoid that), and the pixels you get back are rather close to the hardware
and difficult to reconstruct RGB from.

You might be better off integrating your flood-fill into a client-side
graphics library. You'd at least have a good knowledge of the pixel layout.
Maybe something like libart?

  http://www.levien.com/libart/

I'm sure there are many more. If you just need line draw, you can write your
own system pretty easily.

John