should testgtk run flawlessly on gtk+1.3 under mingw? (please say no!)

Hi Folks,

Wow, testgtk reminds me of the "Periodic Table of Motif Widgets",
the perfect test tool...

I'm seeing some odd behavior.  Since I'm not sure I have everything
setup 100% correctly, I currently suspect my configuration before
the GTK+ product.  I'll mention a couple things for now though:

1 - Dragging (like in the shapes test) works only if I move the
   mouse real slow.  If I speed it up, the object stops, and the
   mouse continues to move without dragging the object.

2 - The pixmap test crashes the app, solved by copying all the .xpm
   files into the same directory as the app.

3 - The text test leaves colored graphics behind in the bottom of
   the text area when deleting text from the middle.

Since I don't have a reference machine with a known-good GTK+
configuration, nor do I know anyone else that does, I figured I'd
start by posting these.  I read in some file that a problem seen
in testgtk usually indicates an actual problem.  I'm not sure if
this is true on WINDOWS also though.

Sorry if I'm approaching this wrong, please correct me if so.  And
I'm also curious if themes work under mingw.  I saw a gtk_themes_init
call mention in the docs, but it is not in any public .h file...

Thanks in advance for any assistance, I'm still amazed this works, and
the "shapes" test blew my socks off!

John Miskinis

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf