Re: OK, I've got mingw, but have questions about GTK+ usage...

I use Gtk2+mingw under MS-windows 2000 and I make the "makefiles" by myself
because I am not able to use the pkg-config program too.

"Makefile" should look like this one :
-------------------------------------

CC=gcc

DEBUG=-g

DIR_INCLUDE=-Ic:\gcc\include -Ic:\gcc\include\gtk-2.0 -Ic:
\gcc\include\gtk-2.0\gtk -Ic:\gcc\lib\gtk-2.0\include -Ic:
\gcc\include\glib-2.0 -Ic:\gcc\include\glib-2.0\gobject -Ic:
\gcc\lib\glib-2.0\include -Ic:\gcc\include\atk-1.0 -Ic:
\gcc\include\pango-1.0
DIR_LIB=-Lc:\gcc\lib\ -Lc:\gcc\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\2.95.3-6 -Lc:
\gcc\mingw32\lib

CFLAGS=-Wall $(DEBUG) -mwindows -mno-cygwin -fnative-struct

OUTPUT="helloworld"

SRCS=$(OUTPUT).c

OBJS=$(OUTPUT).o c:\gcc\LIB\libglib-2.0.dll.a c:
\gcc\LIB\libgtk-win32-2.0.dll.a c:\gcc\LIB\libgobject-2.0.dll.a c:
\gcc\lib\rsrc.o

all:    rc .c.o
      $(CC) -o $(OUTPUT) $(OBJS) $(CFLAGS) $(DIR_LIB)

.c.o:
      $(CC) -c $(SRCS) $(CFLAGS) $(DIR_INCLUDE)

rc:
      windres --include-dir C:\gcc\INCLUDE\ --include-dir C:
\gcc\INCLUDE\G__~1 --include-dir C:\gcc\INCLUDE\ --use-temp-file -I rc -O
coff -i "c:\gcc\lib\RSRC.RC" -o "c:\gcc\lib\RSRC.o"

clean:
      rm *.o
      rm $(OUTPUT).exe

I hope it may be usefull for you ;)

                      "John Miskinis"
                      <miskinis hotmail        To:       gtk-list gnome org
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  OK, I've got mingw, but have questions about
                      gtk-list-admin gn         GTK+ usage...
                      ome.org

                      19/12/2002 12:46

Hi Folks,

I removed cywin, and put down mingw and msys.  I'm not sure
exactly how to setup things for gtk+ however.  (and glib for gtk+)

1) I do not see any gtk-config program, do I code the CFLAGS
   and LFLAGS by hand in my Makefiles?  I tried to do this
   already yesterday, but failed.

2) The examples include GTK headers like:
     #include "gtk/gtksignal.h"
   Do I need to change this?  I tried passing the top level
   GTK directory to GCC, using -B c:/top/gtk+-1.3.0 and can't
   get it to find the files.

3) I tried to execute the .configure script in the GTK directory
   under msys, but it thinks glib is not installed.  Do I have to
   put the gblib stuff in a certain directory, and execute some
   script or something to make the system aware of it?

In any case, this mingw/msys stuff is great so far!  It appears to
be just what I needed!

Thanks for any info, advise, pointers to web pages, etc.

John Miskinis