Re: Progress leads to 2 more questions, hopefully last ones!

I believe there is a GTK RUN-TIME environment that you can download from the link that Havoc posted earlier(this should keep you from having to duplicate DLLs).  The blank MS-DOS window you speak of can be eliminated by calling WinMain() instead of main() in your Win32 apps.

Cheers,
Michael H.