Re: Loading JPGs

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 18:07, Diego Zuccato wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I'd need to load a jpg file and eventually mark (with crosses or points)
> some points on it. The jpg is fixed-size (256x256 pixels), taken from a
> thumbnail gallery.
> I thought I could use a gtk_pixmap or a gnome_pixmap, but it seems
> neither of them permits loading jpg files.
> Then I looked at {gtk|gnome}_canvas, but same result.
> ImageMagick seems a bit overkill... and IIUC it won't allow me to remove
> the marks once placed (well, apart from reloading and redrawing 'em
> all).
> Does some1 have any hint?

You can load the image with GdkPixbuf, then render it as a
GnomeCanvasPixbuf. The points can be rendered using other items.

Peace,

    Jim Cape
    http://ignore-your.tv

    "Solidarity, mutual aid, collective liberation, autonomy,
     empowerment, anti-hierarchy, anti-oppression, diversity,
     creativity--these are the social values I think of when
     I hear the word anarchy."
        -- http://www.infoshop.org/rants/solstice_reflections.html