Hello all.

I'd need to load a jpg file and eventually mark (with crosses or points)
some points on it. The jpg is fixed-size (256x256 pixels), taken from a
thumbnail gallery.
I thought I could use a gtk_pixmap or a gnome_pixmap, but it seems
neither of them permits loading jpg files.
Then I looked at {gtk|gnome}_canvas, but same result.
ImageMagick seems a bit overkill... and IIUC it won't allow me to remove
the marks once placed (well, apart from reloading and redrawing 'em
all).
Does some1 have any hint?

TIA.

BYtE,