Re: Modal Dialogs

Guenther Sohler wrote:

> I have done a pulldown menu file->plot
> where I want a dialog window pop up to ask some special plot geenration options.
Why a pop-up ? Why not changing all the window contents to the mask the
user have to fill? Say, from smt like:

main_win
 +-- vbox
  +-- menu
  +-- main_area
  +-- status_bar
popup
 +-- popup_contents

to smt like
main_win
 +-- Notebook
  +-- Page1
  |+-- vbox
  | +-- menu
  | +-- main_area
  | +-- status_bar
  +-- Page2
   +-- popup_contents

If the notebook is w/o tabs, the user have no choice :-)

> At this point I want the program flow to stop until the user selected all the
> things and then press ok, so then the plot routine can start with the given
> parameters.
Which "program flow" ? You're using EVENT programming!
If the pop-up is really modal, or the notebook have no tabs, the only
way the user can generate events is interacting with that window.

BYtE,
 Diego.