Problem with key events

Hallo List!

I have an application with a row of vertical click buttons on the left and a big
drawing_area at the right. I want to receive key events ub the drawing area.
This already works.
I also want to receive the special 4 cursor key events in the drawing area.
But these keys are not delivered to the drawing area, these just take the focus
away from the drawing area to my buttons.
I dont want this. This is not needed. I absolutely dont have any need for my
click buttons to receive ANY key events.
How could I best solve my problem ?

Guenther Sohler

NewLogic Technologies AG
Millennium Park 6
A-6890 Lustenau
                                           Phone: +43-5577-62000-507
E-Mail: guenther sohler newlogic com       Fax:   +43-5577-62000-988