Re: why a cycle blocks the program?

/*Follows the "classic helloworld example", and I hope it may help you ;)*/

/* example-start helloworld helloworld.c */

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <gtk.h>
/*#include <pango.h>*/

/* Our new improved callback.  The data passed to this function
 * is printed to stdout. */
void callback( GtkWidget *widget,
               gpointer   data )
{
    g_print ("Hello again - %s was pressed\n", (char *) data);
}

/* another callback */
gint delete_event( GtkWidget *widget,
                   GdkEvent  *event,
                   gpointer   data )
{
    gtk_main_quit();
    return(FALSE);
}

int main( int   argc,
          char *argv[] )
{
    /* GtkWidget is the storage type for widgets */
    GtkWidget *window;
    GtkWidget *button;
    GtkWidget *label;
    GtkWidget *box1;
    /*******************/

    /* This is called in all GTK applications. Arguments are parsed
     * from the command line and are returned to the application. */
    gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

    /* Create a new window */

    /* This is a new call, which just sets the title of our
     * new window to "Hello Buttons!" */
    gtk_window_set_title (GTK_WINDOW (window), "Hello Buttons!");

    /* Here we just set a handler for delete_event that immediately
     * exits GTK. */
    gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (window), "delete_event",
                  GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (delete_event), NULL);

    /* Sets the border width of the window. */
    gtk_container_set_border_width (GTK_CONTAINER (window), 10);

    /* We create a box to pack widgets into.  This is described in detail
     * in the "packing" section. The box is not really visible, it
     * is just used as a tool to arrange widgets. */
    box1 = gtk_hbox_new(FALSE, 0);

    /* Put the box into the main window. */
    gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), box1);

    /* Creates a new button with the label "Button 1". */
    button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("Button 1");

    /* Now when the button is clicked, we call the "callback" function
     * with a pointer to "button 1" as its argument */
    gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (button), "clicked",
                  GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (callback), (gpointer) "button 1");

    /* Instead of gtk_container_add, we pack this button into the invisible
     * box, which has been packed into the window. */
    gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box1), button, TRUE, TRUE, 0);

    /* Always remember this step, this tells GTK that our preparation for
     * this button is complete, and it can now be displayed. */
    gtk_widget_show(button);

    label= gtk_label_new("Electrolux S.P.A.");
    gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box1), label, TRUE, TRUE, 0);
    gtk_widget_show(label);

    /* Do these same steps again to create a second button */
    button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("Button 2");

    /* Call the same callback function with a different argument,
     * passing a pointer to "button 2" instead. */
    gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (button), "clicked",
                  GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (callback), (gpointer) "button 2");

    gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box1), button, TRUE, TRUE, 0);

    /* The order in which we show the buttons is not really important, but
     * recommend showing the window last, so it all pops up at once. */
    gtk_widget_show(button);

    gtk_widget_show(box1);

    gtk_widget_show (window);

    /* Rest in gtk_main and wait for the fun to begin! */
    gtk_main ();

    return(0);
}
/* example-end */

                      Mauro Venanzi
                      <jjfnet libero it        To:       listagtk <gtk-list gnome org>
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  why a cycle blocks the program?
                      gtk-list-admin gn
                      ome.org

                      03/12/2002 00:46

hi
sorry for this "newby question"

i have a program gtk tha do a while cycle
but starting the cycle the program hungs (stops)
and nothing i can do just ctrl +z

thank you

--

----