From: "peter garrone" <pgarrone linuxmail org>
To: <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 1:50 PM
Subject: default font.

> I am having trouble setting the font for my application, just having a
different font for a GtkLabel. I can change the color using a resource file
style, but not the font.

> I am able to use the use the gtk font select widget to see a range of
fonts, and to print their names using gtk_font_selection_get_font_name. But
using these names does not set the font.

> The actual font being used, "Sans 10", comes from the file gtksettings.c,
which sets a property called "gtk-font-name". I have confirmed, using ldd
and strings on all the libraries that my application links to, that this is
the place where the font is set, although I have not been able to test any
config files. Question is, whats a setting? How do I override this?

> I previously posted to this group under a different address, but am using
this one to avoid the long corporate disclaimer.