default font.

I am having trouble setting the font for my application, just having a different font for a GtkLabel. I can change the color using a resource file style, but not the font.

I am able to use the use the gtk font select widget to see a range of fonts, and to print their names using gtk_font_selection_get_font_name. But using these names does not set the font.

The actual font being used, "Sans 10", comes from the file gtksettings.c, which sets a property called "gtk-font-name". I have confirmed, using ldd and strings on all the libraries that my application links to, that this is the place where the font is set, although I have not been able to test any config files. Question is, whats a setting? How do I override this?

I previously posted to this group under a different address, but am using this one to avoid the long corporate disclaimer.