Re: Pixmap performance

Deekshit Mantampady wrote:
>      In a window I am having (say) 100 pixmap images each of resolution
> 100x100.  I will be dragging each of them frequently. I am having  a
> 300A PC with 128 MB RAM. What will be the performance in terms of speed,
> and flickering.
> The description given in "Memory Management" section of Gdk-Pixbuf API
> was not satisfying.
> I wanted to clarify all my doubts before I actually start., so that I can
> a better design.

100 x 100 x 100 x 4 bytes == about 4MB, which should be OK. You just
need to be careful when you do the compositing and painting. You should
be able to make a little test program in an hour or so if you have any

Fabric of Vision
Dress and Drapery in Painting

19 June - 8 September 2002

For information and tickets: