[glib/gtk] inline problem on OSF V5.1A

Hi,

trying to compile some programs with glib routines, I get the following errors
on a OSF V5.1A rev 1885 machine (cc is V6.4-009, shipped with V5.1A):

cc: Error: /usr/local/include/glib.h, line 1554: Missing ";". (nosemi)
G_INLINE_FUNC gint      g_bit_nth_lsf (guint32 mask,
--------------^
User Action: Correct the program syntax.
cc: Info: /usr/local/include/glib.h, line 1554: "inline" is a keyword in the C99 revision of the C standard.  Using it as an identifier will prevent your program from conforming to that standard. (futurekeywd2)
G_INLINE_FUNC gint      g_bit_nth_lsf (guint32 mask,
^
Description: The token inline has been selected as a keyword in the C99 release of the C standard.  Because the program uses it as an identifier, the program will not conform to that standard.
User Action: Change the name of the identifier.
cc: Error: /usr/local/include/glib.h, line 1557: Missing ";". (nosemi)
G_INLINE_FUNC gint
--------------^
User Action: Correct the program syntax.
cc: Error: /usr/local/include/glib.h, line 1572: Missing ";". (nosemi)
G_INLINE_FUNC gint      g_bit_nth_msf (guint32 mask,
--------------^
User Action: Correct the program syntax.
cc: Error: /usr/local/include/glib.h, line 1575: Missing ";". (nosemi)
G_INLINE_FUNC gint
--------------^
User Action: Correct the program syntax.
cc: Error: /usr/local/include/glib.h, line 1592: Missing ";". (nosemi)
G_INLINE_FUNC guint     g_bit_storage (guint number);
--------------^
User Action: Correct the program syntax.
cc: Error: /usr/local/include/glib.h, line 1594: Missing ";". (nosemi)
G_INLINE_FUNC guint
--------------^
User Action: Correct the program syntax.
gmake[1]: *** [preproc.o] Error 1

I get this with glib version 1.2.7; I went to this version because initially
my app was developed this this release and gtk1.2.10 did not compile, giving
somehow similar error messages to the ones above.

Version gtk1.2.7 compiled without any problems..... so, what did you do
differently from me? I am using the `glib-config --cflags` and friends in the
Makefile...

There is also one exactly one glib.h on the system.

 Any ideas?

 TIA,

    Martin