Re: atk-1.0.1 compile error

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:36:52 +0200, Josef Oswald said:

> configure:7220: result: no
> configure:7254: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall    conftest.c   >&5
> configure:7234: glib.h: No such file or directory

Well.. glib.h wasn't in /usr/include, and there's no -I/usr/other/include
after the -Wall like you'd expect, so pkg-config isn't doing its job...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Simple install procedure
========================

  % gzip -cd glib-2.0.0.tar.gz | tar xvf -  # unpack the sources
  % cd glib-2.0.0                           # change to the toplevel directory
  % ./configure                             # run the `configure' script
  % make                                    # build GLIB

  [ Become root if necessary ]
  % rm -rf /install-prefix/include/glib.h /install-prefix/include/gmodule.h
  % make install                            # install GLIB

Looks like your glib wasn't installed quite right, and/or pkg-config is
confused about where to find the pieces.  Most likely, you built glib
with --prefix=/usr/local or something, and either that installed the
pkg-config stuff in /usr/something/bin where it's not on your path, or you
managed to get it to install into a directory other than what it was configured
for.

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer