Build on Solaris as non-root

Sorry all, but yet another installation help request.

I am trying to install GTK on my Solaris system workstation.  I have
done the following installs:
pkg-config,TIFF,zlib,libpng,jpen,glib,atk,pango
in that order.  They all seem to be built correctly.

The problem is when I try to build GTK.  It seems that configure cannot
find the tiff libraries.  If I override that, it can't find anything
else either.  I am assuming that I have an environmental variable
wrong.  Here is the ones set (some may be redundant/unnecessary)

#For my stuff
setenv PATH ".:/home/rlugg/bin:$PATH"
#What should the next 2 lines be?
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/home/rlugg/include:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
setenv PATH ".:/home/rlugg/include:$PATH"
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/home/rlugg/include:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

setenv MANPATH "/home/rlugg/man:$MANPATH"
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/home/rlugg/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
setenv LIBRARY_PATH $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
setenv LIBDIR $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
setenv CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH ".:/home/rlugg/include:$PATH"

Any help is appreciated.

Robert

Here are the results of configure...

rlugg flea[/home/rlugg/bin/tared_gzipped/gtk/gtk+-2.0.2] % ./configure
--prefix=/home/rlugg --exec_prefix=/home/rlugg
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/ccs/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries...
*** Warning: Releases of GCC earlier than version 3.0 cannot reliably
*** create self contained shared libraries on Solaris systems, without
*** introducing a dependency on libgcc.a.  Therefore, libtool is
disabling
*** -no-undefined support, which will at least allow you to build shared
*** libraries.  However, you may find that when you link such libraries
*** into an application without using GCC, you have to manually add
*** `gcc --print-libgcc-file-name` to the link command.  We urge you to
*** upgrade to a newer version of GCC.  Another option is to rebuild
your
*** current GCC to use the GNU linker from GNU binutils 2.9.1 or newer.

yes
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.8 ld.so
checking whether to build static libraries... no
creating libtool
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for some Win32 platform... no
checking for native Win32... no
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for pkg-config... /home/rlugg/bin/pkg-config
checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.0.1 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.0.1... yes
checking BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS...    -I/home/rlugg/include/glib-2.0
-I/home/rlugg/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/home/rlugg/include/atk-1.0
-I/home/rlugg/include/pango-1.0
checking BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS...    -L/home/rlugg/lib -latk-1.0
-lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0
checking Whether to write dependencies into .pc files... no
checking for perl5... perl5
checking for indent... indent
checking for lstat... yes
checking for mkstemp... yes
checking for sigsetjmp... yes
checking whether make is GNU Make... yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for off_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking for argz.h... no
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for nl_types.h... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for munmap... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for setenv... no
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for __argz_count... no
checking for __argz_stringify... no
checking for __argz_next... no
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for dgettext in libc... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for dcgettext... yes
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/local/bin/xgettext
checking for catalogs to be installed...  az ca cs cy da de el en_GB
en IPA es et eu fa fi fr ga gl he hr hu ia it ja ko lt ms nl nn no pl pt
pt_BR ro ru sk sl sp sr sv tr uk vi wa zh_TW zh_CN
checking for extra flags to get ANSI library prototypes... none needed
checking for the BeOS... no
checking for extra flags for POSIX compliance... none needed
checking for pkg-config... (cached) /home/rlugg/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.1... yes (version 2.0.1)
checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... no
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for winsock.h... no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for working const... (cached) yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes
checking for working mmap... (cached) yes
checking for getresuid... no
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for fd_set... yes, found in sys/types.h
checking for wchar.h... yes
checking for wctype.h... yes
checking for iswalnum... yes
checking if iswalnum() and friends are properly defined... yes
checking whether to build gmodulized gdk-pixbuf... yes
checking whether dynamic modules work... yes
checking for TIFFReadScanline in -ltiff... yes
checking for tiffio.h... no
configure: warning: *** TIFF loader will not be built (TIFF header files
not found) ***
configure: error:
*** Checks for TIFF loader failed. You can build without it by passing
*** --without-libtiff to configure but some programs using GTK+ may
*** not work properly