Re: suggestions on how add online docs to GUI?

Not to be negative, but I'm starting to agree with Owen Pennington on
the preferences thing.  See http://pobox.com/~hp/free-software-ui.html

To summarize, if it needs a preference, then it may be a bad design in
the first place.  I'm not sure this is a black and white issue, but
these minor things deserve our attention as we strive to create quality
software (things are generally looking good.  We do have good quality
software and gtk gives us tools to do this).

<rant><Off-Topic>People complain about *nix gui inconsistancy, but have
they seen the windows stuff lately?  Every program is "skinnable" (cause
it's cool), draws their own widgets, etc.  Just look at MS Office.  They
are on their 3rd or 4th widget incarnation, bypassing the win32 default
ui stuff.  I just saw a program called Go!zilla, and it is horrible.  So
we're doing okay so far, I think.</Off-Topic></rant>

In light of this article, I'd say that going with gtkhtml (or if it's a
gnome application the gnome-help stuff) is better than forcing the user
to configure a browser.

Michael