Re: on DrawingArea, pixmap and pixbuf

i don't understand why all this anger... i try to help you and you
answer in this way?!?

> However, there are some lot of functions you could have pointed me to
> check. functions that works on GdkWindow only.

?? didn't i told you that you needed to realize the window? didn't i
said that you needed to use gtk_widget_realize() ?

> I have never heard GdkPixbuf is tied to Gtk+ 2.
>
> an "rpm -q --whatrequires gdk-pixbuf" gives:

> dont say "i have never used Gtk+-2.0...", instead just say "i dont
> know", or "i have never used it" or "there is no need to use it, look at
> the functions for GdkWindow, they can tell you about the depth of your
> GdkPixmap" or something else.

man... for your information i quote:

What's new in GTK+-2.0
======================

- Integration of the gdk-pixbuf library for loading and manipulating
   images.

this information is on gtk.org... as you see on gtk+-1.2 there wasn't
gdk-pixbuf, it was created for gtk+-2.0.. i'm using gtk+1.2, e haven't
used gtk+-2.0... can gdk-pixbuf be used with gtk+-1.2? i don't know, but
why try to integrate a new tool with a "obsolete" library?... so i
repeat, i haven't used gtk+-2.0, and if i wanted to use gdk-pixbuf i
wouldn't use it on gtk+-1.2...

i think you should be calmer... if you keep with that attitude next time
maybe no one will help you...

Afonso