Re: GnomeCanvas

>I using gnomecanvas to do some vectordrawing ,
>I want to set the canvas to be able to zoom (out /in) when ever the size
>of his parent container changed .

thats not what most people mean by "zoom". "zooming" normally means
that the widget size stays the same, and what is displayed within it
is scaled up or down. zooming when the size changes compounds the
effect of the size change, which is hard to imagine as the right thing
unless you were doing a "keyhole" like effect.

>i have to preserve the proportion between xSize and ySize
>and the world positions of the items inside the canvas ..

my experience is that the canvas does this all for you UNLESS you
don't actually want to scale everything in the canvas. i have this
problem, and i had to implement zoom by hand. but it has nothing to do
with the size of the parent container.

>which signal schould i catch ?

allocation_event

>anyone has an aproach to suggest ?

explain more about what you're doing and why the builtin canvas
zooming doesn't work for you.

--p