Re: problem with gdk_pixbuf_xlib library

Hi,

anita setty <anita_sc_2000 yahoo com> writes:

> I need to use gdk_pixbuf_xlib_get_from_drawable()
> function to get the image from X drawable and store in
> pixbuf, so that i can later resize and rescale the
> image.
> To use gdk_pixbuf_xlib, I think we need to first
> initialise with gdk_pixbuf_xlib_init() function

are you sure you need to use gdk_pixbuf_xlib functions?

libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0 is an extra library that is not linked in by
default. You only need it if you want to use GdkPixbuf functionality
in an application that uses XLib and shouldn't use it in a GTK+
program. Just stay with the GDK abstraction and keep away from using
XLib directly. Consider using gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable() to get
the pixbuf from a GDK drawable.

Salut, Sven