problem with gdk_pixbuf_xlib library

Hello,

I have installed glib-2.0.1 and gtk+-2.0.2 on solaris
8 intel platform

During ./configure of pango-1.0.1, it was not able to
find Glib-2.0, so I used ./configure
--disable-glibtest
and was able to compile and install it, though it used
glib-2.0.1 for compilation.

Header files are in /usr/local/include
Libraries are in /usr/local/lib

I need to use gdk_pixbuf_xlib_get_from_drawable()
function to get the image from X drawable and store in
pixbuf, so that i can later resize and rescale the
image.
To use gdk_pixbuf_xlib, I think we need to first
initialise with gdk_pixbuf_xlib_init() function

When I compile my program, I get an undefined symbol
error for both the functions.

_GdkPixbuf*gdk_pixbuf_xlib_get_from_drawable(_GdkPixbuf*,unsigned
 long,unsigned long,Visual*,int,int,int,intt,int)
 "Output filename"

Though is see the libraries installed in my
/usr/local/lib

I included in my pgm
<gdk_pixbuf_xlib/gdk-pixbuf-xlib.h>

My Makefile has
INCLPATH=	-I/usr/local/include/ \
 		-I/usr/openwin/include/ \
 		-I/usr/local/include/gtk/ \
 		-I/usr/local/lib/gtk/include/ \
 		-I/usr/local/include/glib/ \
 		-I/usr/local/lib/glib/include/ \
 		-I/usr/local/include/pango/ \
 		-I/usr/local/include/atk/

  LIB_PATH=	-L/usr/openwin/lib  \
 		-L/usr/lib \
 		-R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib \
 I am linking

 	\
 		-lgdk_pixbuf_xlib \
 		-lgtk-x11 \
 		-lgdk_pixbuf \
 		-lgdk-x11 \
 		-l$(RWTOOL) \
 		-lXm \
 		-lXmu \
 		-lXt \
 		-lgen \
 		-lintl \
 		-lGLU \
 		-lGL \
                 -lGLw\
 		-lthread \
 		-lsocket \
 		-lnls \
 		-lXpm \
 		-lpangox \
 		-lpango \
 		-latk \
 		-lgobject \
 		-lgmodule \
 		-ldl \
 		-lglib \
 		-lX11 \
 		-lm

 I have created a soft link so that I don't use
version in my program.
For example libgdk_pixbuf_xlib.so is linked to
libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so

Just to test, I used some functions from gdk_pixbuf
library and I am able to compile and link my program,
so why gdk_pixbuf_xlib is giving problem.

Please let me know what may be going wrong and what i
should do

Thanks

=====
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."