Re: GtkDrawingArea

Hi,

Jean-Yves Lamoureux <jylam lnxscene org> writes:

> I'm using a GtkDrawingArea to display some realtime graphics.
> I was wondering why even with setting GDK_RGB_DITHER_NONE, the display of my
> picture seems to be 32bpp.   Is there a way to avoid all color conversions,
> so I can do it myself ?

what color conversions are you speaking about? The drawing area has
the same color depth than the X-Server your application is running
at. Some X-Servers support multiple visuals and you might be able to
use a different visual than the system visual with some hackery, but I
doubt you want to do that.

Salut, Sven