Re: Anyone know of a Graphical Timeline Widget?

From: "Bradley F. Hartman" <hartman mcci-arl-va com>

> In order to implement a timeline widget using the GTK TreeStore, TreeView
> and TreeViewColumn classes, I believe I'll have to implement a CellRenderer
> to draw the timeline for each task.  The CellRenderers provided by GTK
> (Pixbuf, Text and Toggle) will not suffice because I'll have to draw the
> timeline using GDK (a Pixbuf will not work). Does anyone know of
> any documentation on this subject?  Does anyone have any tips on how
> I can accomplish this?

I think this falls under the "implement your own widget" heading.
There's some information about this in the tutorial, though
I don't know how up to date it is. Your best bet is probably
to copy the code of one of the existing renderers (depending
on your final licensing requirements) and re-implement the
expose event handler. Also, look at the basic drawing primitives
in the gdk documentation.

Ron Steinke