Re: gdk_window_set_decorations doesn't work

>Hello!
>I've got a problem with gdk_window_set_decorations.
>The problem is:
>I'm calling it like this:
>  GdkWindow *wnd = gtk_widget_get_toplevel(my_widget)->window;
>  gdk_window_set_decorations(wnd, 0);
>
>However, it doesn't work - the decorations don't change. It only works if
>I set the decorations before the window is shown, but this is unusable for
>me.
>Hiding the window, setting the decorations and then showing it again
>doesn't either.

GTK/GDK do not control window decorations, they merely mark the
window's requested decoration style. its up to the window manager to
respond to the settings in whatever way it sees fit.

AFAIK, gdk_window_set_decorations() is intended to be used before the
window is shown, and does not do anything after the window has been
mapped (shown). i could be wrong about that.

--p