Re: Widget in a clist ?

Charles Waldman wrote:
> I am working on an application where it would be really nice to be
> able to put a button widget inside of a clist or ctree cell.

Hi Charles,

ctree/clist is being replaced in the upcoming (a few months away?) gtk-2.0, so I
don't think anyone will work any more on the old code. As I understand it, child
widgets are not directly supported by the new tree widget either. Instead, you
need to subclass the cell render widget with somthing that acts like a button.

The two gtk 1.2.x alternatives I know of are a plain GtkList (a broken and
primitive thing, but you can put any child widget inside it), or lots of nested
table widgets.

I use nested table widgets in my application. You make a two column table: in
the left column you make a bunch of buttons; in the right column you either put
the child widget you want, or for a sub-tree, you nest another two-column-table.
It sounds ugly, but seems to work pretty well (for me, anyway).

	http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/snap.jpg

John