CList & gtk_clist_set_compare_func

The problem is:

How to incorporate such functionality:
After receiving mouse-click onto clist-column-header this list
should be sorted regarding data in this column. But standard
sort function puts rows in ASCII order and I want capital
and lower letters to be interpreted in the same way, so this column
should be alphabetically sorted not ASCII.

In documentation I've found following function:
gint  (*GtkCListCompareFunc) (GtkCList *clist, gconstpointer ptr1,
gconstpointer ptr2);
so the questions are:
- how to get text data from gconstpointer and sort it as I want?
- what is a node into clist (row data?) and how to get into its structure?

And the second question a bit different, but having same root:
is the node or raw a particular widget? so if it is, it can be named,
and is there a possibility to set the style for any particular row in rc
file?