Re: point motion hints and the Canvas

Paul Davis <pbd op net> writes:
> from a brief perusal of both the "old" and "current" Canvas code, it
> appears to me that enabling pointer motion hints in the Canvas window
> will confuse some of the Canvas code. could someone (presumably Havoc
> or Owen?) comment on whether or not this is true? i just grepped for
> MOTION in the source, and found places where there appears to be an
> assumption that pointer motion hints are not enabled, since the
> pointer position is taken directly from the event.

You keep thinking we are canvas experts. ;-)

Anyway, the event positions aren't invalid (or modified at all) with
motion hints turned on, the difference is that someone has to be
calling gdk_window_get_pointer() or events don't arrive. So enabling
motion hints should be OK as long as you have a motion event handler
to keep calling get_pointer().

Havoc