will this print a plot?

Will GTK+ create a menu for an operator, allow selections and get values to
define a plot, plot data, and print it to a color printer?  My data can be
on the order of 3M color polygons.  I have not seen anything on printing,
except a mention of canvas, but not how it is done.  I need to plot lines to
form a grid, text to annotate and colored polygons.

What format is it printed in?  Postscript, HPGL?
Is it a screen capture print?  I need high quality, fast prints since we do
a lot of them, hundreds of pages a day.
Is there other software which may be better for my application?

Thanks for your help