Re: utterly terrible performance of Canvas rect items

Paul Davis <pbd op net> writes:
> does anyone know if this has been fixed in the latest Canvas/libart
> code, or is this one of those performance features that wasn't noticed
> because nobody anticipated such huge (wide) canvas items?

Probably no one's ever tried it. Most likely whatever O(n) (or worse)
mess is causing this is also slowing down common cases though, so
worth filing a report and/or investigating.

I would guess that some just hitting "Ctrl-C; bt; cont" in gdb a few
times during the long delay would show up where the code is spending
time.

Havoc