Re: MYSQL & GTK !!!! (connection, selection ...)

Hi,

"youssa voila fr" <youssa voila fr> writes:

> thank very very much, and I hope I don't asked bad questions next time, but I'm new in GTK.
> Please can you explain more the different world in the compile command :
> 1) -lmysqlclient
> 2) -lnsl
> 3) -lz
> Because I have this error :"/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient "

now you really are getting off-topic. I suggest you get a decent book
about using GNU tools for software development (for example "Programming
with GNU software" published by O'Reilly) or start reading some man and
info pages. Your question in particular is answered in the section
"Link Options" in the GCC info pages and in the mail you quoted (see
below).

> > to compile, use something like:
> >
> > gcc -L$MYSQL_HOME/lib -I$MYSQL_HOME/include -o mysqltest mysqltest.c
> > -lmysqlclient -lnsl -lz
> >
> > Where $MYSQL_HOME is root directory of mysql like /usr/local/mysql

Salut, Sven