De: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
A: "arno-unix ifrance com" <arno-unix ifrance com>
Date: 20/09/01
Objet: Re: How to oblige Gtk to redraw the window

Hi,

"arno-unix ifrance com" <arno-unix ifrance com>
writes:

> Thank you for your answer, but I have a problem
when
> I use this. If I wrote:
> while (g_main_iteration(FALSE));
> or
> while (gtk_events_pending())
>   gtk_main_iteration();
>

> When I open an other new window of the application,
> have the message:
> Gdk-ERROR **: Fatal IO error 83 (Undefined error:
0)
> on X server :0.0.
> And if I open the same window, I have the message:
> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xd2e)!

looks like you are messing with GTK+ and threads. It
is
very important that you read and understand what the
says about this subject:
http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN462

Once you have set up everything as described in the
FAQ,
try inserting a call to gdk_flush() to force X to
process
events.

Salut, Sven