Re: can't create and show GtkWidget in thread

>Thanks for your help. I have seen the FAQ, the example code just
>call the gtk_label_set_text() in thread, but I want to call
>gtk_widget_show()
>in thread, can I? Is the gtk_widget_show a GTK+ functions? thanks

"GTK+" functions are named "gtk_something".

If its called

   gtk_*
   gdk_*
   g_*

then you should consider it necessary to surround the calls to it/them
with a lock acquisition and release. i'm not totally sure about the
g_* functions, but i think this is true even there.

[ for newish readers: this only applies when there are multiple
  threads that make calls to functions from GTK/GDK/GLIB ]

--p