Re: finding memory leaks

Jim Edwards wrote:
> I´m trying to chase memory leaks in a farily large program.  I´ve tried
> memprof but for whatever reason it doesn´t work, so I´m using mtrace.

Hi Jim, memprof is great, it'll tell you exactly what you want to know. How
exactly are you running it? What is not working? It's been fine for me, even on
largish programs (150k lines, mixed C/C++, threads, etc.).

Another alternative is to use purify. You can get a free 30 day trial licence
from their website. You will need access to a solaris/hp-ux/irix box though :-(

John