finding memory leaks

Hi,

I´m trying to chase memory leaks in a farily large program.  I´ve tried
memprof but for whatever reason it doesn´t work, so I´m using mtrace.
The output from mtrace gives me a whole list of  memory not freed  but
it often only gives me an address for the caller.  I assume these are
malloc calls from glib (Is this a good assumption?)   The question is
how do I compile and link glib and/or gtk to get the source location of
the caller rather than
just the address?

I see in the configure for glib are some  flags --enable-mem-check,
--enable-mem-profile  can anyone tell me what these do and wether the
can help?

Thanks,
Jim